Friday, October 8, 2010

Reaching your potential is more than ideal. It's the Ultimate goal.

I was reading Oprah magazine when I read an article that she wrote that influenced me in writing this. I can so relate to what she writes:

As I write this the sun is shining and the leaves are changing and beginning to fall off  the trees. Nature has an easier time with transformation than we earthly beings do.  I know this because I'm in the midst of trying to transform myself from a control freak who sumerges herself into doing things for others and to try to stop asking why bad things continue to happen to me in my life. Trying to become a person who actually deals with and feels the feelings and doesn't repress them. The real excavation process-digging deep to uncover the underlying issues-feels alot like trying to shovel through Kilimanjaro. I keep hitting rock. This is one reason why I have started this blog. Not only to help spread awareness about CHD but to also share my story and hope that it will not only help others but myself as well.


What I have discovered, though: Rocks unattended turn into mounds, and then mountains.  They just keep getting bigger and bigger. You eventually have to face the giant hill in front of you no matter how long you choose to ignore it. And it's our job to do daily cleanups-in our work, our family, our relationships, our finances, our health and well being.


Ignoring problems is easier, for sure, but if we take even tiny steps to address them, those steps eventually become giant leaps on the journey to self-actualization. Reaching your potential as a human being is more than ideal.  It's the ultimate goal.  The wonders we're capable of have nothing to do with the measurement of mankind, the lists of what's in and what's out, who's hot and who's not.  I am talking about the real deal:  Who's life did you touch? Who did you love, and who loved you back?


This I know for sure matters.  For me, it's the only goal worth aiming for: a transformation of consciousness that allows me to know that I am no better or worse than any other being. That I simply am.

No comments:

Post a Comment